Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Bigots

I thought I'd take a break from being sad and go off on a random tangent, because sometimes you just need to rant to make yourself feel better.


I don't know if any of you readers out have been paying attention, but there was a controversy at the Miss USA pageant this year. Namely, Miss Cali announced on national television that she believed that marriage was between a man and a woman in response to a question asking if she thought gay marriage should be allowed. Now, don't get me wrong, I highly applaud anyone who is willing to speak and stand up for their views, it's the American way. So, because I am an avid reading of Perez Hilton's blog, I have read more into this girl.

Let me tell you, the more I read the more I am disgusted. Her "church" spouts and believes hatred propaganda against gay people so outdated it's older than me. Look, you don't like gay people, whatever. I however don't think that who you fall in love with should be the deciding factor on whether or not you go to hell. Let us get one thing straight: gay is not a choice, science kind of proved that. Being gay does not mean you will die of AIDS or that you are a pedophile. That is what Miss Cali and her church believe. That kind of thinking is what lead up to the Holocaust. Ew, they are different, better get rid of them. Before you get mad at me for the reference, think about it, all I did was say it in a very simplified way.

You know what, I'm glad this wench lost. I don't want a bigoted model representing me in the Miss Universe pageant. Hell, I don't even want her admitting she is from the same country as me. It sickens and saddens me that people still believe such things. Gay people are people, too, and they deserve to be treated with the same fairness and equality straight people get. For someone to hate you for something like that is wrong. Believe what you want about whether being gay is right or wrong, I don't care. But I believe that they are people, and it is always said you should treat others the way you want to be treated. Would you want to be treated that way?

And that's my rant. Peace.

0 comments:

Post a Comment